Gay Forum

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: zyjd on Oct 02, 2026, 04:35 AM

Title: Cars Discussions
Post by: zyjd on Oct 02, 2026, 04:35 AM
What car(s) do you drive/used to drive?

Any dream car(s)?

What do you think of the current car market (I.e., COE premiums, loan restrictions, etc.)

What are some stereotypically "gay cars"?

 

I'll start the ball rolling:

 

Used to drive: Hyundai Verna, Mitsubishi Lancer EX. Now driving: Volvo S60 T4

 

I hope to own the Volvo V90 one day! I love stationwagens and the V90 looks very proportionate and classically Volvo. I also have a soft spot for the Merc E-Class. I know both choices are rather matured for my age but I never really hankered after Ferraris or Lambos... I like my cars to be safe and comfortable.

 

Re the COE, I predict there may be a spike in the car categories in the next bidding on 7 Feb, due to the facts that now the COE of $36,890 is the second lowest in 7 years, and there's a 3 week gap in between bidding (it's usually a fortnight). But I think the second bidding of Feb will have another drop - it may even drop below the current $36,890 - because there's a whole week of CNY where all the dealerships are closed, and only a week left for them to collect orders for that bidding thereafter.

 

What do you think?
Title: Re: Cars Discussions
Post by: loacker on Oct 02, 2026, 04:35 AM
A Malaysian , but working over here in SG.

 

Previous ride Peugeot 308. Now driving Nissan Teana.

 

A Volvo fan here, my dad used to own a 240 in his days. I hope to own S90 one day as i prefer large sedans over SUVs or any exotics sport cars. Personally i just feel that S90 looks real good especially on the side profiles, altot alot of ppl get attracted to the Thors Hammer headlight, but it was the clean side line that actually attracts me most. The rear end design is subjective though. BMW might be more to performance, Merz might exudes more luxurious, but the kid inside me still prefer Volvo.

 

No opinions on COE though, owning a car in SG is consider a luxury item. Wont see myself in getting a car in SG though.

 

I think gays will normally get a niche car with a certain taste in design instead of those common bread n butter car IF thier wallets allowed. For example an Alfa Giulla, Renault Megane or Opel Insignia, Porsche Panamera instead of VW Golf or Toyota Camry. One of my gay friend used to drive a Peugeot 308 and now owning a Volvo V40 which i think both are sexy cars.;)
Title: Re: Cars Discussions
Post by: loveseeker on Oct 02, 2026, 04:35 AM
Xpeng X9 MPV - a potential luxurious 打炮车 😄. Anyone tried before? Xpeng car quality ok or not?